From ADGA's TOP TEN 2012 Breed list. . .
The highest producing does by breed for a 305 day lactation broken down into average of the breed leaders:
1. Nigerian - 1,630lbs total - An Average of 5.3 lbs daily
2. Nubian: 3,710lbs total - An Average of 12.1lbs daily
3. Oberhasli - 3,870lbs total - An Average of 12.6 lbs daily
4. Lamancha - 4,030lbs total - An Average of 13.2lbs daily
5. Toggenburg - 4,060lbs total - An Average of 13.3lbs daily
6. Saanen: 5,490lbs total - An Average of 18lbs daily
7. Alpine: 5280lbs total - An Average of 17.3 lbs daily
Note: Production often is lower on the higher fat/protein produers.
I.E. Nubians have significantly higher fat (also highest protein levels) of the Full size breeds, yet their production (in lbs) is lower of the full size dairy goats.
Remember, these are averages from the highest producers listed on the Top Ten production list.
These aren't typical numbers for MOST Does.
Post a Comment